Wednesday 20 February 2013

One thing about me......I am a "girly girl"!  My favourite color is pink, I love florals and anything that sings feminine.  In decorating my own home, I am free to decide on color palettes, patterns and furniture that pleases me without worrying about other opinions......which is kind of nice!




While I love everything about this photo, I realize it may just be a little too much. 
 I do have 2 teenage sons and I want them to feel comfortable in our home and not feel banished to a "man cave" in order to maintain their masculinity!  

Ikea's ektorp sofa is fabulous and I am going with 2 in our new living room in a lovely neutral linen tone.  Wanting to add a pop of color though, and perhaps just a hint of feminine florals, I came across this chair at Ikea, also of the ektorp line. 


It is has the neutral linen color of the sofa in its pretty bright floral pattern without being too feminine, I think.  It is quite comfortable (I visited the Ikea show room to test it out!) and at $249, how can you go wrong.  It is slipcovered so cleaning it is a breeze.  And, if it ends feeling too girly, I can always buy a new slipcover for it....they are several to choose from.  How great is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment