Wednesday 6 February 2013

Having just moved back to Winnipeg, I was so delighted to learn that an Ikea store has opened here.  I was fortunate to have lived minutes from 2 Ikea stores in the GTA area which I often visited.  Given my Swedish heritage I felt drawn to the environment of the store and my son adores their meatballs!  As part of my goal is to support local businesses and stay on a predetermined budget, I departed from my initial wish to order from restoration hardware. My dollars will go far shopping at Ikea and I will get the maximum impact for the minimum budget.  

Here is an example of a fabulous vanity at an exceptional price. I will change out the knobs to pretty glass ones and it will set the tone for the fresh spa like main bathroom.


Sitting beside this vanity will be a freestanding shelf unit filled with neatly folded fluffy white towels and glass jars filled with Q tips, cotton pads, soaps and other relevant bathroom supplies.  I don't expect my children to replace these neatly folded white towels so I will have rows of hook installed where they can hopefully hang them up after their morning showers.  I would normally share my inspiration picture here but thought I would save that for now! Let your imagination go and think of what this unit would inspire you to do in your bathroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment