Monday 13 January 2014

Traveling and visiting new places provides the opportunity to freshen ones perspective and offer new inspiration for everything from food, art, decor and design. Even though I have left the prairie to visit the desert, I can see that many elements of desert design and decor can be enjoyed during our hot summer months.

So much of desert home design is focused on enjoying and appreciating the lovely weather and the stunning views. Whether creating "outdoor rooms" to enjoy the vistas, lush gardens or to simply breathe in the fresh air. We may not be able to grow grapefruits or oranges in our gardens, but we can grow apples, raspberries, blueberries and bountiful gardens of fresh vegetables.  


As you can see from this photo, the lounge chairs provide the perfect place to relax in front of the pool but also overlook the mountain peaks beyond.  There is also a covered area which also provides a lovely sheltered place to relax and entertain.  Large glass sliding doors offer the opportunity to fully open up the common rooms to the outside providing a wonderful flow of living space.  

As our time for outdoor living on the prairie is limited, I want to maximize it by thinking of what I can do to incorporate such ideas in my home.  I come back to my house on the prairie now refreshed and full of new perspective and ideas to continue making my house into the home of my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment