Tuesday 7 January 2014

Kitchen Love…...


 The kitchen in this house really only required a face lift and a little bit of lipstick!  Some new appliances, a fresh coat of paint, new cabinet knobs, new flooring, a new faucet and a nice large granite topped island with a chandelier adding a touch of class!


             

The island has become a favourite place to gather….whether for breakfast or morning coffee, after school for a snack and some homework, watching the news, a game or a movie or a casual dinner. It is a beautiful light filled room with large sliding door leading to the deck.  



                          

It also provides great storage and display for my cookbook collection, baskets of magazines, glass jars full of assorted candies (my kids favourite!!) and my beloved Kitchen Aid mixer!!


I replaced the faucet with this industrial looking stainless finish gem which complements the appliances.  It not only looks fabulous but is also super functional.  Now that Target is here, I am able to readily replenish my trio of Caldrea countertop cleaner, dish soap and hand soap.  If you haven't tried it yet, I suggest you do! My favourite fragrances are Herbs of Provence and Citron Ginger. 


  A couple of my favourite countertop treasures are my Starbucks Verismo Coffee Maker and an antique silver ice bucket which I use to house my cooking utensils! 




 This existing narrow pantry cabinet was also given a coat of paint, some new glass knobs and has become a perfect place for drinking glasses in the glass door cabinet and above it  glass canisters from dollarama house my spices, baking ingredients, dry pastas, beans, tea…etc.




I love this little nook to the left of the oven which houses the microwave, my toaster and knife block.  These little handled french cutting boards are the perfect size to slice a bagel or cut up some fresh fruit.



     

There is a little butlers pantry off the kitchen which leads downstairs, to the front hall or to the back door.  With built in floor to ceiling cabinetry it has become crucial storage space and all it required was a fresh coat of paint and again, some lovely glass knobs.  With a combination of drawers, shelves and cabinets, I can store everything from pet and cleaning supplies to lightbulbs, batteries and larger kitchen countertop appliances.  And of course, my favourite type of art….words of wisdom!



  


I absolutely love this kitchen….I think it is my favourite out of the lot! Even though it really isn't that large, it is extremely functional and with the addition of the island provides more than enough room.  It is fresh, bright and has become one of my favourite rooms in this house. 





No comments:

Post a Comment