Monday 10 June 2013

For some reason, I always think of potato salad once the nice weather arrives.  And, the fact that I cooked up some new potatos on saturday night as I roasted a chicken, I intentionally made extra so that I could make a potato salad with the leftovers on Sunday.  I love making new meals from leftovers!

I wanted to try something new so I took a few different recipes that I had used before and then came up with my own.  It was delicious.  In fact, I was told that it was the best potato salad that one of my guests had ever had! Now that is high praise.



So, here is the recipe I came up with:

1 dozen new potatos cooked and blanched, cut in half
3 eggs hard boiled and diced
3 celery stalks diced

Whisk together 1 cup mayonnaise, 1 teaspoon grainy mustard, 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill, splash of white wine vinegar, dash of salt and pepper to liking.  This is the dressing.

In a bowl, combine halved new potatoes, diced eggs and celery.  Then fold in dressing so it is mixed thoroughly.  Sprinkle with chopped chives and paprika.  Let the salad chill for at least an hour to allow the flavours to absorb.  Enjoy!


P.S.  I also love adding thinly sliced radishes to a potato salad....alas, I just didn't have any on hand. Not only do they add a burst of flavour but also a very colorful addition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment