Wednesday 3 April 2013

We are now living in our new home and we all absolutely love it!! Still in the midst of construction and will be for awhile......however, nothing can replace a good night's sleep in your own bed and I splurged on heavenly memory foam pillow top mattresses for the kids and I.  We have all had the best sleeps we have had in a long time. They will thank me eventually!

I am so very happy with the upstairs bathroom....it exceeded my vision!  Fresh, clean, spa like and so very functional.  The Ikea vanity works beautifully as it stores toiletries for all 4 for us with room to spare and a very generous sink top with room for soap and hand towels.  I replaced the standard knobs with these glass beauties which I think elevates the whole look.  






The bathtub (a deal at Home Depot for $250) looks fabulous with the crisp white subway tiled surround.  For increased functionality I found this bathtub shelf at Ikea which is the perfect spot to hold soap, shampoo, conditioner and all other shower toiletries.  The shower head is absolutely and my fabulous contractor mounted it an additional 3 inches higher to accommodate my 6 foot 3 son.....so it feels like showering in the rain.  





And that fabulous pebble stone look vinyl flooring is fantastic.  It looks incredible and just completes the fresh, beachy feel of the room.  Here's another look at it....


And I love this little basket that sits beside the vanity to collect used washcloths after hands have been washed.  


Towel bars....who needs them.  My kids and I are so much better with hooks and I sourced towels with little loops that can be hung up in a breeze.  No more fussing to ensure that all towels are hung evenly and perfectly.....life is too short for that.  Throw it on a hook and call it a day!


Of course I have a toilet but who wants to see a picture of that.  It is functional, low flow, white, beautiful and Kohler of course! 







No comments:

Post a Comment