Friday 5 April 2013


 My room.  It's not a large room, in fact it is rather small but it is everything that I had envisioned.  A lovely white rod iron bed frame, crisp white linens, a very comfortable memory foam pillow top mattress, a pretty little chandelier, a very generous closet (which I will feature at a later date) and walls wrapped in my absolute favourite colour....Benjamin Moore Palladian Blue. I have had a relationship with that color for quite some time but I have to say, in this room is my absolute favourite!



Maybe because of these fabulous toss pillows by Tommy Bahama I found to finish off the bed which seem to match perfectly...another Homesense treasure!


Another detail that completes the look is once again replacing the standard knobs on the night tables and closet doors with glass knobs sourced through Home Depot.  Once again, they just escalate the whole look of the room.



Original artwork.  I truly believe that when you find a piece of art, that speaks to your heart, then you have found something truly special.  My artwork collection (which is sadly in storage presently, and hopefully adorning my walls very soon) is primarily by 2 female artists, whom I have had the pleasure of knowing personally.  One has become a very dear friend who is originally from Australia and now resides in Denver.  Here is a link to her website: http://narellegibbs.com. I can't wait to hang her gorgeous pieces up on the walls of this house.

Emilie Lemay is the other artist that I have bought a number of pieces from and on my other night table,  sits a framed watercolor painting of a lovely cherry blossom tree.  I had mentioned to her that it reminded me of my grandfather and she very thoughtfully presented it to me as a gift.  Here is a link to her website:  http://www.emilielemay.com/Gallery.html


A bedroom should be a place of peace....a sanctuary in which to restore the soul.  I am so grateful that I have been able to create such a space for myself.  Makes me a better person, daughter, friend and mother.  Off to light my first fire in the living room fireplace! 



No comments:

Post a Comment