Thursday 31 January 2013

Planning the kitchen....the heart and hub of the home!  I love the clean and fresh feel of a white kitchen along with the sleekness of stainless appliances with highlights of glass and silver.  Here is one of my favourite inspiration photos:




Based on what I am starting with on this house, my initial approach was to absolutely gut the existing kitchen and start from scratch.  However, in my very taurus like approach (we hate waste and appreciate value) I began to reconsider for several reasons.  The existing cabinet are shaker style and white (my favourite)....although would benefit from a fresh coat of Benjamin Moore's Cloud White.  The counter top is a beautiful gallo granite which I quite like and it has been finished with a very sharp white subway tile backsplash with some pretty natural stone detail.  I want to take on the challenge of making this kitchen spectacular without having to completely gut it. See below.....




This galley style kitchen also flows into a lovely west facing sunroom which is currently being used as a family room.  There is a bank of windows looking out over the backyard which flood the room with beautiful natural sunlight.  It is in this room where the transformation will truly be as I will be having  a very large island or peninsula constructed and topped with matching granite to the existing counters.   With shiny new stainless appliances, a coat of Benjamin Moore's Natural Linen on the walls and a beautiful new wood floor throughout, the space will blossom.  The new island, with loads of storage underneath and a beautiful chandelier over it, this is where my children will pull up on stools to grab a quick bite to eat or work on their homework while I am preparing a meal.  This is where true vision comes in and right now it's all in my head!!!  But not for long.....I can just see it now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment