Tuesday 29 January 2013

Wanting to include my children in the decorating of their own bedrooms, I had asked them to think about what colour scheme they thought they would like.  Blues, greens and taupes seemed to be the popular choice.  Being so pleased, I began to think about a coastal inspired color scheme with hues of the sky, ocean and sand beaches.  

 For my eldest son's room, I was envisioning a more mature and sophisticated palette of dark wood furniture against smokey blue walls.  A room that would grow with him into adulthood.  I was thinking of Benjamin Moore's Wedgewood Gray:


But my son had other ideas!  His choice, Benjamin Moore's Fresh Scent Green:




Well, I thought, my daughter will of course share my love of dreamy blues and greens.....fresh and light.  For her room, the perfect choice would be Benjamin Moore's Whythe Blue....one of my favourites:



My daughter however, piped up with her choice and there was nothing subtle about it......the brighter the better!  Her choice, Benjamin Moore's Cool Aqua!


So then it was my youngest son's turn to share his choice.  Having had bedrooms in various shades of taupe, I was convinced he would remain consistent and continue to want what he had always had.  For him, I was thinking of Benjamin Moore's Powell Buff:


But alas, no.  He also had very strong ideas about colour and what he wanted for his new bedroom.  Am just not sure how one could sleep with such a colour as Benjamin Moore's Traffic Light Green:


Looks like I have my work cut out for me!!  Stay tuned.......



No comments:

Post a Comment