Tuesday 20 May 2014

TREAT TUESDAY

My kids always arrive home from school looking for snacks….and I aim to please! Today, I was feeling nostalgic and decided to make a treat my mom and grandmother always made.  This is so simple and easy yet oh so tasty!! Homemade cinnamon rolls....with a little shortcut!

Start with frozen bread dough.  I always keep a package in the freezer….whether to make these rolls or to make a loaf of fresh bread.  Nothing makes the house smell more inviting than a loaf of bread baking in the oven.

I thaw the frozen dough in the fridge overnight and then roll it out in the morning on a well floured surface.  Spread butter, then sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.


Roll up lengthways and slice into even sized rolls.  I can usually get 12.  While doing this, prepare your baking dish by putting in the oven to warm up with a generous serving of butter.  Once it comes out of the oven, sprinkle with some brown sugar and then arrange the rolls in the dish. 



Bake at 350 for approx 25 to 30 mins. Your kitchen will smell amazing! Before I could take this photo my youngest son had already snatched one……they are delicious!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment